STDs / STIs Community

open sores that swell up from sex

I have these red sores on my penis, it's under the skin that folds up. They are not very painful unless aggravated by rubbing on clothes or having intercourse. I am circumcised and have only been with 2 girls in my entire life. my current girlfriend did recently tell me she cheated on me and also had a yeast infection a while back. For a few months now these sores come and go.. They usually stay for a couple of days to a week or 2 and disappear and I have no problems, After sex this morning it swelled up a little and I'm getting a little nervous as to what I have. Google hasn't helped and I'm a lil embarrassed to see a doctor but I will eventually this week, anyways it doesn't smell and my penis doesn't burn when I pee. It's just open sores that come and go. their isn't any warts/herpes. Any ideas would be helpful.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, from what your describing appear fungal related. I think it would be to your advantage to see a doc and have them swabbed to see what these are since they come and go. For a herpes test have them swabbed within 48 hours after appearing to rule this out.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.