Why no interest in sex?

I have know urges or interest in any sexual activity, my husband has been patient with me, but I feel that I do have a problem which I need to deal with. Could this be a underlying problem from my childhood (victim of sexual abuse)? I do love my husband very much, and I do feel that I have let him down. Help.....
Yes... past abuses, especially sexual abuse can definitely affect how one evolves and responds in their sexual expression as the past abuse can distort one's perception of physical contact and intimacy. That's just one possibility. There may be other issues at hand. Have you sought counseling in regard to the sexual abuse? If you haven't, perhaps you should.
I am a 34 yr old male and I have not been interested in sex in over two years, and it's starting to worry me. I am open minded and explored many possibility's as to why I have no sex drive, I thought maybe I was gay but I am not attracted to men at all and whenever I have explored that idea it does not resonate with me at all. I am very attracted to women but when it comes down to it, I don't pursue them or try to engage them at all. I have no ambition to have a sexual relationship, and this worries me because I used to be sexually active and enjoyed it very much, but now if a situation presents itself I don't even act, and this has frustrated me and women I've tried to date, I was very embarrassed when she made a move and I tried to explain I liked her but did not know why the sex part had no appeal to me, it feels like I just turned off, and this will make it almost impossible to have a well rounded relationship with someone in the future. Has anyone else just turned off completely without warning or even kinda understanding why? It's been over two years and it's starting to worry me that I don't care about or even want sex anymore.

You are reading content posted in the Sexual Health Community