Stroke Community

Is anyone experiencing irritability, impatience after TIA

Hello!  I had a TIA on December 23rd, 2008.  At the time, I was experiencing stuttering, babbling (however I didn't know this - my words sounded completely rational to my mind but not to people around me) inability to complete words or sentences, confusion, inability to whistle (?) and an occasional episode of being unable to understand normal / everyday words (the ER doctor asked me whether I had any other symptoms and I didn't know what the word symptom meant?  It took a long time for my brain to process what people were asking me?)   I did not have any other symptoms.  I was hospitalized for 36+ hours and all tests were normal.  I'm a relatively healthy female, at a good weight, good heart rate / blood pressure (68 / 41 which had me concerned the entire time in the hospital because I thought it was too low but everyone said it's better to have low blood pressure than high; obviously I know this), my cholesterol fluctuates between good and towards the high side for no reason.  My question is, since my TIA I still experience occasional stuttering problems or cannot find the right words to complete a sentence.  I have since developed headaches, numbness or tingling in my left arm but also higher than normal irritability and impatience.  I cannot concentrate with external noises and sound in general is more exaggerated since my TIA.  Has anyone experienced these symptoms?  I go to my neurologist tomorrow for the first time since being hospitalized (its been 3 weeks) and seem to have more symptoms now then when I was admitted into the ER!  

Thanks to everyone who participates in this website!  It has been very informative and reassuring to know that I'm not alone!
Hi Dee

I'm sorry to hear about your TIA.  

I am glad that you are going to see your Neuro tomorrow.  Some of your symptoms may well because your poor brain has had a rough time over the last few weeks & needs a little more time to get back to normal (rest!).

Please tell all this to the Neurologist & try to find out the cause of the TIA so that you can address it & prevent a full blown stroke.

HTH & all the best

Sue