Stroke Community

Stroke Recovery

My dad had a stroke on 2/3/15 (65 yo male) - I received a call from HR at his work that he had been taken to the hospital. I believe at that time they had said he had a stroke...? Not sure.
He stayed in ICU for almost two weeks and also got pnemonia. Feeding tube was put in... no ventilators. He is now at rehab and started speech and physical therapy. He had a intercranial hemmorage on the Left side of his brain. He has paralysis on right side (both arm and leg) and inability to speak..although he is trying....

Any words of encouragement or insight is appreciated.
Thank You!
gosh I am so sorry your Dad experienced this.  I do not come with good news of my Mom, but many do have good news.  In fact I met a woman yesterday who is 80yo had a brain hemorrhage and is doing okay.  She is walking and talking.  She spent 2mo in the nursing home.

I hope your Dad recovers... prayers and hugs to you.