Stroke Community

Stroke of genius?

January 2008, I had a relatively minor ischemic stroke (if there is such a thing). I'm 35, normal cholesterol, normal BP, the doctors were somewhat baffled until some blood test showed I had not just one, but two mutated genes causing my blood to hypercoagulate. During the first MRI, they found a prior stroke in almost the exact same spot, just on the opposite side of my brain. The second time, a week later, I began having symptoms again. Pretty severe dizzyness, the MRI showed it was bleeding a bit.

Although I've been on anti-coagulant meds, I've had several numbing, pins and needles, headaches, dizzy and achy sensations.
My question is, is this normal? Or should I be concerned about still having symptoms?
Hi Catera. How are you? Although you say you had minor ischemic attacks necessitating medications which you seemed to be still continuing, the other symptoms like numbness, pins and needles, headaches, dizziness suggest a pressure effects on nerve or blood vessels. You might discuss with your attending neurologist to get neurological examination done and investigation if necessary to know the present status . Is your blood pressure within normal limits? Do keep physically active by doing regular morning-evening walks, exercises and proper rest. Stress need to be eliminated. Do update on your doctor visit and advise. Take care.