Stroke Community

after stroke symptons

I had a sroke 10 years ago Age 42. My outer left corotid artery completely shutdown. I suffered some paralysis on my left side. I had surgery on my outer corotid, which was unsuccessful. They then placed a stent in my left inner corotid. This is how the blood supply is getting to my brain or so they say. My paralysis is mostly gone. My problem is I work in IT and it is very technical. I now have difficulty learning new things and remembering what I have read. Since there are no visible physical signs, everybody thinks I'm fine. Any ideas on how I can convey to my management that these problems exist? Also how long will the stent last? I was told to come back if I had any symptoms. What symptons should I be looking for? I'm afraid my sympton may be another stroke

The FAST test is an easy way to recognise and remember the signs of stroke or a TIA. Using the FAST test involves asking three simple questions. If you have  a problem with any of these functions, dial triple zero (000) for an ambulance immediately.
FAST stands for:
Facial weakness – can the person smile; have their mouth or eyes drooped?
Arm weakness – can the person raise both arms?
Speech difficulty – can the person speak clearly and understand what you say?
Time to act – act FAST and call 000 immediately.
If you suddenly experience any of these symptoms, get to a hospital immediately. Remember, stroke is a life-threatening emergency.
The warning signs or symptoms of stroke may occur alone or in combination. They may last a few seconds or up to 24 hours, and then disappear. These signs are mini-strokes and should not be ignored. They indicate a hidden problem with blood flow, which could trigger a stroke.
ref:http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Stroke_signs_and_symptoms?Open