Thyroid Disorders Community

Can Hypothyroidism and Kidney stones be related?

I was diagnosed in 2001 with hypothyroidism and have been on synthroid ever since. I also have IBS and take Lomotil. I recently passed several kidney stones the size of erasers and went to the urologist today and had a scan that revealed many more in both kidneys. I am going back next week to follow up and have more tests. I wanted to know if there could be a relation between the Hypothyroid and kidney stones. I have had numerous odd things that I am convinced are in relation to my thyroid such as; anemia( Ablation performed 2007)& heart palpatations. It seems that everything I get has a link to my thyroid so I was wondering if this is as well. I have never seen an endocrologist and maybe that is what I need.

Thanks,
Kim

This discussion is related to Kidney Stones, Elevated Serum Calcium . . . parathyroid?.