Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

Does anyone have any home remedies for swelling and hives?

My daughter have Hasimotos disease, she has wieght gain severe swelling and hives, has anyone tried any type of home remedy.  I am trying to get some ideas, the doctors do not seem to help and it very frustrating to say the least.
We've had posts on this before. One member tried a protocol of mixing heartburn medicine and allergy medicine. I seem to notice less hives when I take two Zantac daily plus my daily Zyrtec. In fact, my hives are very much improved since I added Zantac to my routine.

Also, when my face is red and burning, I use petroleum jelly to soothe. I also use Mary Kay products, like their creamy cleanser. I switched from Avon products, which were too harsh.

For my scalp, I use prescription Nizoral. That does the trick.

My swelling is much improved since my medication was bumped. How is she being treated for her disease? The weight should be manageable if she is on the correct level of thyroid hormone.

Post her TSH, FT3, FT4 and current dosage of medication.

:) Tamra