Aa
A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

Does anyone have any home remedies for swelling and hives?

My daughter have Hasimotos disease, she has wieght gain severe swelling and hives, has anyone tried any type of home remedy.  I am trying to get some ideas, the doctors do not seem to help and it very frustrating to say the least.
1 Responses
We've had posts on this before. One member tried a protocol of mixing heartburn medicine and allergy medicine. I seem to notice less hives when I take two Zantac daily plus my daily Zyrtec. In fact, my hives are very much improved since I added Zantac to my routine.

Also, when my face is red and burning, I use petroleum jelly to soothe. I also use Mary Kay products, like their creamy cleanser. I switched from Avon products, which were too harsh.

For my scalp, I use prescription Nizoral. That does the trick.

My swelling is much improved since my medication was bumped. How is she being treated for her disease? The weight should be manageable if she is on the correct level of thyroid hormone.

Post her TSH, FT3, FT4 and current dosage of medication.

:) Tamra
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.