Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

Hair Loss is driving me crazy

I was diagnosed with Papillary Thyroid Cancer about 5 years ago following a near total thyroidectomy.  I had two round of I131 and seem to be doing well.  As of late my hair is falling out, I take Synthroid 150mcg every day @ night, each time I wash my hair I will have @ least one handful of hair.  My hair is fine, but has been fairly thick.  I am scared that this will continue.  I had read some responses that were written last year, but wanted to know is there other comments more recently.   I would love for someone to tell me that this will stop and that I will not lose all of my hair.  I have a hard enough time accepting that my husband has a receeding hairline, I really don't want one as well.

This discussion is related to Synthroid medication causing hair loss.
I don't really know that much about the hair loss issue. But I really do feel for you. There is some vitamins at wal-mart, Hair, skin and nails, with extra biotin. I know that some things cause a deficiency in B vit and that can cause hair loss.

You might want to try those. You probably know it, but you can't expect immediate results with vitamins, it usually takes one bottle to start seeing results, for most issues that we take them for.

Keep us posted.