Thyroid Disorders Community

Thyroglobulin elevated after thyroidectomy for papillary thyroid cancer

Hi - I was diagnosed with stage 1 multi focal papillary thyroid cancer in October, had total thyroidectomy and lymph nodes removed in November and had RAI on Jan 11th. Between the surgery and RAI my TSH was 70 and thyroglobulin was 2. I have been on synthroid since mid Jan and TSH is now at 25 and Tg at 3. Just wondering if a trend UPWARDS on the Tg is alarming or just because everything hasn't settled down yet. As I understand it, my Tg should be zero and TSH close to 1 so I know they are both concerning (endo has upped my synthroid dose). I don't see her until next week - anyone have any experience or insights?