Thyroid Disorders Community

Thyroid

I have had a goiter on my thyroid for almost 2 years now it varies in size, but I started to choke on food resentely. I had to go for a swallow test last week and also a esophogram test as well. They were both normal. The doctor is going to remove my thyoid now cuz them tests prooved there was nothing else wrong that it was indeed due to the tyroid. She also highered my dose from 75mcgs to 125mcgs. I am still tired all the time I feel sooooooo sleepy no matter how much sleep I do get. Can anyone tell me if this is stuff they have delt with and also if any of you have had your thyroid out do you struggle more now after it has came out? Or before? i am also a good 75 pounds over weight now since the thyroid **** I have put some pounds on and i have severe anxiety as well. It is a horrible thing to deal with i think ): Thanks for the help
You will still need to be on the meds for the rest of your life after having you thyroid removed, Can you post your last labs IE  Free T3, T4 and TSH  Have you had an Ultrasound? My Endo advised the only time he would advise removal is if was blocking the air way, or throat, (Which you said it is) As far as the symptoms, Anxiety/depression etc they can be controlled with medication, which if it is removed you will be on medication (Hormone) treatments for the rest of your life anyway. I would try to keep posting until you have a response from a member that has had thyroid removal and chat with them. Try reposting with "Should I have Thyroid Removed" it may draw a better response. Good Luck FTB4