levothyroxine and hot flashes and sweat

Dear Doctor:

I am taking levothyroxine for 3 years now. the dosage were either 0.050 mg or 0.075 mg.

Six months ago I started to get hot flashes. My  blood work then was normal and My doctor took me off the pill for 5 months and so. As I stopped taking medication I felt well and didn't experience any hot flashes or sweats.

My recent Blood work showed that my TSH, 3rd generation was 4.58 and my T-4, free was 1.0. I was prescribed taking levothyroxine 0.075. I am back to taking the pills and I am experiencing some hot flashes. I reduced the dosage to 0.025 mg but hot flashes and sweating are not gone.

I would like to know if these hot flashes could be the side affect of levothyroxine?

I appreciate your reply and advice.

P.S: I am 41 years and A nursing mother od 19 months old daughter!

I think its a good possibility that its a reaction to the levothyroxine, I was switched to that and couldn't take for that reason, taking synthroid now and its letting up.