Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Left Chest Pain when Yawning

Just wondering if anyone had any advice..
When I yawn I have severe pain in my left chest.. I'm not sure if it is a muscle that is strained or pulled or if its something serious I should see a doctor about? Maybe acid reflux or something?
It only happens when I yawn and its not constant..
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..
THANKS!
yea probably musculoskeletal...can take 5 weeks or so to heal...could also be a slipped vertebrae or cost-transverse joint... pre-cordial catch syndrome, costo-chondritis or depending on your age breast development can cause these chest pains...if you excersize a lot or have a had a cough lately i would have to say muscular but seeing as it happens when you yawn it could be your lung...go to the doctor ASAP! plz keep me posted
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Chest pain aggravated by laughing yawning and deep breathing goes more in favor of costochondritis, which causes pain and tenderness at points where your ribs attach to your breastbone.  Generally application of a local pain killer gel along with warm fomentation helps reduce the pain. You can try OTC painkillers too. If symptoms persist consult an orthopedic specialist.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Hi i'm suffering a chest and back pain while yawning,coughing and laughing.before the pain start i increased my bench press weight.the pain is for 2 months.pls help me  
A related discussion, Gilly66, was started.