Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

bone age test

My son is about 4 1/2 yrs old. He weighs 27 pounds and is 38" tall. He is very active. He was 7lb 8oz when born. He has always been in the very low percentiles for his height and weight. He recently had a bone age test and the pediatrician says his bone age and chronological age are the same. But, yet he is recommending us to an Endocrinologist. Is this normal???
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Yes, it would be good to consult an endocrine specialist to know if there is diabetes, adrenal problem, thyroid problem etc that could cause the low weight. His stool should be tested for worms. Liver function tests should be done. Take care!
Shouldn't the bone age and chronological be the same??? Or is the issue more about his weight, than his age? I had gestational diabetes with him when I was pregnant. Could that play a factor in his size?
My daughter who is really tall whe is 5'1 and 6 years old. Her bone age is advanced by 5 years. I would guess that he is normal since his bone age and his age are matching. the endocrinologist is just going to go over the results. Best of luck to you hun...