1502389 tn?1299145702

Abdominal Pain

I'm 24 yrs old and I have been having cronic abdominal pain since I was 8. I have had blood work, urine test with many uti's, ct scans, ultra sounds, upper and lower gi scopes, and i resently had a laperoscopy all with nothing showing up. My pain is in the lower part and the most pain is on the right side but not always just right there. There are days where the pain is so sever that all I can do is curl up in a ball and cry. Some days its a cramping other days its a squeezing and dull stabbing pain. I also have this pressure pain after I urinate sometimes and it makes me not want to go cause I already have enough pain. I was told that my gall bladder looks fine, my appendix is normal, I don't have inflamitory bowel syndrome, no endomitriosis, and all my reproductive organs look perfect. I'm not really sure where to go from here but I would really like to know what is causing all this pain. Any ideas on what it could be?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1502389 tn?1299145702
I just had a laproscopy and my doctor didn't say anything about that cause the one I had was an exploritory so he was looking for anything and everything that could possibly cause this. Do you still think that there would be a chance that he missed that? Thank you for your response and I will definatly look into that.
Helpful - 0
1310633 tn?1430224091
Have you heard of Nephroptosis? It's more commonly referred to as "floating kidney". It's when your kidney basically detaches from your inside flank, and drops down into the pelvis. It can cause the type of pain you are describing, and is usually missed because when you're laying down for your IVP, or CT, or KUB, or Ultrasound, it's not evident. Might be something to mention to your Urologist, just in case he/she hasn't thought of it.

Have them order (2) IVP's... 1 standing, and 1 prone (laying down). If your kidney shifts position noticeably when comparing the 2 pictures, then it could be nephroptosis (floating kidney).

It MAY show up on a KUB, but an IVP or a CT with contrast would be better. I'm pretty sure it'd show up on a CT without contrast as well, but when I was tested for it, they used contrast (years, and years ago mind you).

Talk to your urologist. If you have a fear that you may have this, tell him/her and get tested for it. It's a fairly straightforward test, and very fixable via laproscopy (minimally invasive).

Good luck.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Urology Community

Top Urology Answerers
Avatar universal
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.