Urology Community

Blood draining from urethra?

I'm a 25 year old male, with a several year history of kidney stones. They don't know why I produce them, but they drop/pass every week, sometimes more often than this. Since they've not been able to figure it out they just treat the pain.

However, the stones aren't my question.

Today I was standing in the dining room using the telephone and I felt something, went in the bathroom and there was a pretty good amount of blood inside my underwear, on my thigh, and still a little draining out of the urethra. I ended up having to use a piece of gauze and cotton padding to keep it from bleeding through my jeans.

Anybody got any ideas? I've had no pain, no odd sensations, nothing to let me know something's going on other than blood dripping out.

I won't be able to see my urologist until at least Tuesday. Should I be concerned or try to seek emergency treatment?
Since you are a known patient of multiple renal stones, the chances of the bleeding to be due to the stones are quite high. Classically, the bleeding in the urinary tract associated with stones is painful; it can be painless also occasionally. I’ll suggest you to visit your urologist, as soon as possible as there are chances of development of clots within the urinary tract which can be risky. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.