Urology Community

Blood in Urine

I need advice...I am a 32 year old female. On wed starting at aroung 1030 am I went to the washroom while wiping pink caught my eye on the toilet paper. I didnt think much of it I just thought "oh no...Ive got a bladder infection". Around 15 minutes later I went to the washroom again and there was even more "pink" urine. At this point I called me doctor and left for the 30 min drive to the office. When I got there I had just missed her as traffic was bad and I was late. I went to use the washroom and again pink on the toilet paper and dark cloudy urine. I decided to go to a walk in clinic. I saw the Dr and expressed my symptoms he said probably bladder infection. I had to take a sample to the lab for a test. On the way out I used the washroom again and I was shocked. I was literally urinating blood. I was really scared Ive never seen that before. I tried to go to the hospital but there was a 3 hour wait. I went to another walkin clinic because I wanted them to know how much blood was now in my urine. When I saw this Dr he too said he was 95% sure I had a bladder infection. He also took my temp and it was 99 degrees F..pretty high. So he thought we better do an ultra sound to see if there stones as the fever was a little abnormal for a bladder infection. He gave me a perscription for antibiotics and instructed me to go upstairs for a urine sample to test. Again...2 more times I urinated what seemed like mostly blood. After everything...I went home. Was about 2pm now and noticed once home the blood started to tapper. And I forgot to mention...,while I was bleeding I had that sort of "typical" pain associated with a bladder infection. BUT I thought it was kinda odd that the blood and pain was starting to subside and I hadnt even taken the prescription yet! So i bleed and had pain for 3.5 hours with a fever of 99.
By friday I knew the results were in so I called my fam Dr to get the results from the clinic. To my surprise she called and said there was NO infection. Lots of protein etc in the urine from the blood but no infection. She said to come in we sceduled a ultra sound which i have tomorrow.
All this is really scary..what could have caused this? The oddest part is the exact same thing happened to my 29 year old sister 3 times about 6 months ago. Same results No infection. She did test after test and nothing. They never gave her a cause. They thought it was some freak thing but when it happend to me too...it seems really odd.
Can anybody shed some like on this? I do not want to live in fear for the rest of my life about periodic boats of bleeding in my urine!
Help us find an answer!
Blood in urine in medical terms is called as hematuria. It can occur due to a number of reason but the commonest one is the presence of stone in the urinary tract. The presence of blood in urine, proteins in urine and abdominal pain indicate kidney stones.

.Clots can be wormlike, and if associated with pain it could represent clots coming from your ureters(tubes from your kidneys to your bladder). This may be due to an obstruction in the kidneys or uretrs like a stone.When the blood in the urine is at the beginning of urination, it most likely comes from the urethra, (the tube from the bladder to the outside). Blood throughout urination is most likely from the bladder or kidneys or ureters (the tubes connecting the kidneys and the bladder). Diagnostic tests that may be performed apart from ultrasound include Cystoscopy, IVP and CT scan of the abdomen. I sincerely suggest you to consult a urologist for this and discuss these options with him.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.