Urology Community

ED post High-Flow Priapsim, how "patient" should I be?

about 5 weeks ago I sustained an injury to my perineum, when I caught my skateboard vertically between my legs- i believe the brunt of the impact was in my right ischiocavernosus muscle. burning pain for about 10 mins, subsided then I went to bed. starting the next morning, I had a high-flow priapism for around 2.5 weeks, went to 2 ERs and had examination tho no blood tests. no penis pain.

my question: I now believe I am still in a slight priapism, maybe 5-10% erection at most- but I cannot get a strong erection, maybe 40-50% at most. I saw a urologist, he gave me Viagra which didnt help much at all. He maintains that I should be patient, 'these things take time' . how much time? how long should I wait to initiate the next step in getting blood flow testing done etc?

Also, in the interim, SHOULD i be trying to get erections, or leave it alone altogether? I guess I worry about the smooth muscle maintenance. I have noticed my superficial dorsal vein and circumflex veins are much larger than before all this..

thanks for looking.