Urology Community

Frequent urination after uteroscopy

I had a uteroscopy 3 weeks ago with laser to fragment a kidney stone. After about a week things were pretty normal but now I have developed a problem where I feel as though I need to urinate constantly. What could be causing this & what can I do to help remedy the situation? I really don't want to have to go back to the dr.
The increased frequency of urination could possibly be due to the fragmentation of the stone and their presence in the urinary bladder before they pass out. These small stones present in the urinary bladder can irritate the bladder and cause polyuria. I don’t think you need to worry much as once these stones pass out, everything should be fine. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.