Urology Community

Lump

Hello, I have recently found a lump on my penis shaft which is getting larger. At first I thought it was an ingrown hair but now it its quite painful. A week later there is now a very painful swollen lymph node on my left groin area. I have not had sex in a atleast 4 months. And when I did, it was with my girlfriend (and protected). What can this be and how can I treat it?
It can be due to folliculitis,cysts  or genital herpes sore.  Apply warm compresses,Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it.You  can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen.If the lumps persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and regards.

I have been applying a warm cloth for two days. It has reduced in size and has turned white. It looks like it is situated right near all the hair folicles. I was just worried once the lymph node started hurting, I found that very odd. Thanks for the respose hopefully it keeps reducing in size!