Urology Community

No bladder infection what could it be????

I had blood in urine on June 14th and pain urinating.  Went on antibotics that my doc called in as I was out of town.  When I got back into town got urine test, but showed no infection We are now at July 8th, have pressure in lower area a vibrating feeling in the pee area, and some lower back pain, some feelings of having to go to the bath room, I do go, but not as much as I would think for how I feel, any clues.  Doc is wanting to do a Cat Scan with and with out contrast.  I am just concerned as to what this could be.  Any ideas?

Gross blood in the urine may be due to infections, urinary tract stones and other organic or structural problems, Nephritis or inflammation of the kidney unit and nephrotic syndrome which may be associated with elevated urinary protein levels and cholesterol levels may be differentials. A microscopic elevation of the red blood cells may help ascertain where the bleeding comes from. If the urine appears grossly with blood throughout urination then a kidney problem may be considered. If it appears only during initial voiding, then a urethral problem is present.

At this point, a scan would be best as this will help visualize possible involved structural problems within the urinary tract.

When was the last time you had a gynecologic consult done?