Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.4k Members

Possible Kidney stones?

Hey all, I am not new but haven't posted in awhile. Last year around September I passed 3 kidney stones, a very horrible experience. Now I feel I may be getting another attack, but i really can't tell, the symptoms are different. Last time, I had found out i had blood in the urine, and a very bad low back pain, that didn't go away. When the doctor tested me he said it was my kidneys, they were not infected, i just had to pass some stones. I ended up collecting the stones I passed, which took a whole weekend, and found out they were calcium stones. My doctor wanted to do follow work with me but he never went through with it.

Now I am having some symtpoms that maybe kidney related, it seems everytime i walk or I move about my left side, where my kidney is located pinches everytime. It's like I am getting jabbed in that spot, if I sit down the pain subsides, but the minute I get up to do anything it continues. Has anyone who is going to pass a stone had this feeling before? I am also a 30 year old female, I am 5'1 and weigh 126lbs. Thanks!
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi,

With  a history of kidney stones, this sounds like you are still passing it.

It is best to get a consult done again. A kidney scan ,24 urine collection to determine urine calcium, serum calcium and phosphate levels , BUN and creatinine levels will help. Passing stones is a most aggravating experience.

Take in a lot of water. Avoid any dairy products and vegetables tha may be high on oxalate levels.

Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.