A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.4k Members
1500525 tn?1458533598

Re-posted

My mother in-law just called my wife to tell her that after a pap smear & some blood tests her Dr told her that her right kidney was dead but he "thinks" the other is OK.  I think this is an obvious lie & ploy to get our attention as both of us have serious health conditions & have not been able to see her for awhile.  I/we do not want to say anything to her about our suspicions until we are 100% sure that this "story" is not true.  So is this possible? Can someones kidney just die w/out having some pretty serious symptoms before it fails? And what is usually done when a Dr finds that someones kidney has failed? I mean prior to removal of the kidney? i.e. hospitalization, dialysis, stent, shunt?  I hope my question has not offended anyone, I know how crazy this question seems. I just like to know the facts on a matter, especially if someone is using a health condition to try to manipulate my wife & I as we are very empathetic to others w/health conditions. She has tried to tell us about other false health conditions (lupus, ra, hep c, hiv, heart attack & even a "brain bleed") obviously trying to use our kindness to people w/illnesses as weakness.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.