Urology Community

Testosterone Level 482, No Sex Drive

My testosterone level came back today and it's 482. Doctor said it's normal and I'm fine. I love my wife and but I had no sex drive. I know she feels unloved but I can't help it. It's declined since we meet. What next? The doctor never suggested any other testing. I'm 33, like my job, no kids, no real stress, have a few drinking on the weekend. I could exercise more, not gay and no sexual abuse history. Any advised would be great.

The typical male testosterone level is between 250ng/dl to 850ng/dl but it varies with age. Although it’s normal for testosterone levels to drop as men age, low testosterone can cause loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, mood problems, fatigue, and sleep disturbances.

Apart from that, it can be due to medical conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, heart or thyroid conditions, poor circulation, low testosterone, depression, spinal and neurologic causes.

I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a urologist and get it evaluated.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.