Urology Community

UTI won't cure

I been having a uti that won't go away for couple months. I been in two different antibiotics.  On supra n amoxill. Sorry for not spelling it right.  And I keep having this infection doesn't want to go away. Im allergic to cipro. Even my kidneys start hurting amd it goes away. Im just losing hope. Im on antibiotics for 21 days. And I went to the doctors 3 days ago. And did a urine test and I still have infection.  I ask for a urine culture to see if the antibiotics is resistance.  I had two ultrasound and my kidneys are healthy.  Im very afraid I won't find a cure. Is there any herbal remedies. ? Besides drinking lotd of water and granberry.  Please help.
Hi there,
The risk factors for UTI in males are sexual intercourse, use of spermicidal products, stones in kidney, changing sexual partners frequently, diabetes and childhood infections. The urine can also be due to retention of urine anywhere in its flow due to obstruction. Inherited factors may be related to recurrent UTIs in few people. Drink plenty of water. Continuous or post-coital prophylaxis with low-dose antimicrobials or intermittent self-treatment with antimicrobials may be helpful in managing recurrent uncomplicated UTIs. You may discuss this possibility with your urologist. Further evaluation may be necessary if your urologist is suspecting structural and anatomic abnormalities of the urinary tract. Do keep us posted on how you are doing.
Take care and best regards!