Urology Community

Unidentified Spasms

I have suffered from what was thought to be UTI's since I was a young girl - further back than I can remember.  My symptoms include an intense urethral spasm, odourious dark yellow urine, frequent trips to the bathroom, burning, and a mash of emotions - embarrassment, anxiety around people to the point I cannot be around others (don't touch me, don't talk to me) and depression as a result of all of this.
When I was younger I can recall seeing a specialist, being treated in a preventative measure for kidney infection, which I'll be honest as a child I was stubborn and tongued half of my meds.  I believe it was for the majority diagnosed as UTI's.
As I got older, they became a little less frequent in my life and today all I can link it to is stress and dehydration.  I was in a very stressful environment from birth until I was about 21 years old - last year.  I went on a journey of self-healing and to be honest sobriety around then and from then on it was few and far between, however, when I did/do get them - whatever they are, they are much more intense than I recall.  Perhaps it's because I am not self-medicating and now I can feel it, but I am sick of dealing with this.  It is debilitating and unmanageable, I cannot go about my day when these symptoms present themselves.  I am sick of just identifying it with stress, yes it's good to be aware and maybe shift things, however, I believe since this has been ongoing - there is definitely a physical or biological aspect.  Please help, any suggestions, advice or a course of action would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
If you are experiencing symptoms of a urinary tract infection, you need to be checked out by your doctor and prescribed with the correct antibiotic.

Dark urine usually is indicative that you are dehydrated.  But sometimes it can be because there is blood in the urine and of course if you are eating coloured foods like beetroot your urine will be discoloured.

The right colour urine is a of a straw colour.

If you are feeling pressure on your lower belly and are having to go a lot for an urgent pee, you may have Cystitis, this is inflammation of the bladder. and you need to be treated for this.

Always make sure yu wipe your bottom from front to back so that you do not spread any contamination to yur front area.

Do not get dehydrated as this will make the matter worse.  Drink at least 2-3 litrs of water throught the day.  If you are having a very uncomfortable sensation, you can drink one teaspoonful of Bicarbonate of Soda in a tumbler full of water.  Drink this every hour for 3 hours.  Total of 3 bicarbonate drinks.  You can purchase Bicarbonate of Soda from your grocery store or from the pharmacist. Another name for Bicarb is: Sodium Bicarbonate.  What this does is neutralises the acidity in yur bladder so that it is not irritated.  

You can also drink water with lemon juice.  This too will neutralise the acidity in the urine.

But what you should be doing is going back to the doctor.  Take a urine specimen with you so that he can test it.  A morning mid stream specimen is best.  keep it in the fridge if you don't see your doctor for a few hours.

Dehydration can lead to kidney stones, so make sure you always stay well hydrated.

Wishing you a speedy recovery
Best wishes.