Urology Community

back pain and frequent urination

I'm 25 yrs old. 5 years ago started having urges to urinate, but stream would be slow and sometimes split. Doctor found a stone lodged in urethra. looked like it had been their a while, it was festured over. Urination was painful for a couple of weeks after removing the stone. I still have constant urge to urinate and go 3 to 5 times a night. I have stinging pains in my lower stomach, sharp sudden pains in left and right sides of my lower back area. The more active I am the pain is more prevelant and urination is more restricted. Sometimes when I'm urinating the flow suddenly stops and most of the time it will start again. Periodically my penis has what  seems to be  lumps or knots in it. They told be I need to be on blood pressure medicine. No one seems to have a diagnosis or solution. Can you give me some direction? Thanks.  Laramy
Its sounds like you may have another stone. You should see your doctor and have them check your urine for blood and or infection.  A CT of the abdomen and pelvis may be done if blood shows up in your urine to check for stones. Good luck
These symptoms can be due to a kidney stones or infection of the kidney. From the colicky nature, site of the pain and difficulty in urination, this is an important possibility which needs to be evaluated. Patients with urinary calculi may report pain, infection, or hematuria. I suggest you to get an ultrasound or CT abdomen.

Please discuss this possibility with a urologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.