Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.4k Members

complete dual collection system

In the last 10 years, I have over 60 documented stones.  I have been told it is getting worse because of scar tissue from previous stones.  I have been hospitalized 9 times this year alone, not to mention passing another five at home.  What gives, even though I have had serious kidney infections over the last 30 plus years, this situation in costing me jobs and turning my life upside done these last few years.  What can I do at this point?

This discussion is related to Dual collection & stones.
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi,
I do understand the pain and agony you are going through. There’s a saying in medicine that “once a stone former, always a stone former”. There’s an increased tendency of stone formation, if once the patient forms stones in the kidneys. I’ll suggest consulting a urologist and seeking opinion on the same. You need to get the stones removed surgically since they are troubling you. Please do drink lots of fluids as they are the best remedy for the prevention of formation of stones. You need to avoid certain foods also which I am sure by now you must be knowing. Physical inactivity also predisposes to the development of stones. Hence, do exercise regularly. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.