Urology Community

complete dual collection system

In the last 10 years, I have over 60 documented stones.  I have been told it is getting worse because of scar tissue from previous stones.  I have been hospitalized 9 times this year alone, not to mention passing another five at home.  What gives, even though I have had serious kidney infections over the last 30 plus years, this situation in costing me jobs and turning my life upside done these last few years.  What can I do at this point?

This discussion is related to Dual collection & stones.
I do understand the pain and agony you are going through. There’s a saying in medicine that “once a stone former, always a stone former”. There’s an increased tendency of stone formation, if once the patient forms stones in the kidneys. I’ll suggest consulting a urologist and seeking opinion on the same. You need to get the stones removed surgically since they are troubling you. Please do drink lots of fluids as they are the best remedy for the prevention of formation of stones. You need to avoid certain foods also which I am sure by now you must be knowing. Physical inactivity also predisposes to the development of stones. Hence, do exercise regularly. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.