Urology Community

sexual disfunction

My husband has been diagnosed with BPH and is currently taking Flomax to help him urinate.  When we try to have sex, everything is working good except when he gets to the orgasm/ejaculation it is to say the least anti-climatic with very little ejaculation.  He asked his urologist what it could be and he said it was probably a lack of testosterone, but his blood test for testosterone levels were normal.  Urologist didn't have any other suggestions... any ideas out there?  By the way he is 54,
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Abnormal ejaculation is one of the side effects of Flomax. It is therefore advisable to stop this and switch to another medication. Maybe you can consult another urologist or discuss with your present one.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!