Is a white vagina normal?

Per my doctors recommendation I’ve begun doing self checks of my vagina, and today I noticed that the inside of my vagina was a milky white. There was absolutely no discharge, completely dry. Should I go see a doctor? Any idea what this could be?
COMMUNITY LEADER
I've never heard a doctor tell someone to do self checks of the vagina.  For what?  It self cleans.  And unless there is a foul odor or discharge that is clumpy and you are itching, there is nothing to examine yourself for.  An annual exam by your doctor is all the checking your vagina needs.  White is normal.  

Breast checks monthly on your own feeling or lumps makes sense but self checking vagina is not necessary.  :>)