Why am I having white thick discharge?

I’m not very sexually active and I take birth control pills. The discharge just recently started and it doesn’t have a smell or anything it’s just a lot of it.
Vaginal discharge is often the reason for the woman to worry, but this is actually the natural way to protect your reproductive organs and facilitate their function. As a rule, any vaginal secretion that has no unpleasant odor and which is not accompanied by symptoms such as tingling or itching is probably quite ordinary, and you don’t have to worry about it. White discharge is very common, but maybe you are not always sure if it’s normal or it is a sign of something serious. If you see white, milky, and creamy discharge, don’t panic. Calm down and think seriously about the problem. In most cases, this type of discharge is perfectly regular, especially if it is odorless. Let’s take the closer look at the most common types of white discharge and help you determine if it’s time to see your doctor or you don’t have reasons to worry about. You have probably experienced white discharge by now, usually at the start or at the end of your menstrual cycle. It is the way of ‘cleaning’ your reproductive organs and their preparation for the moment when fertilization of the eggs will occur. It often appears during ovulation or can be the first sign that you will become a mom. Basically, if you pay attention, you will see that it is about the same phenomenon, but the consistency of the discharge changes. All varieties of white shades of discharge, from these which are eggshell to entirely creamy, are normal. As long as the white discharge is not followed by certain textures or unusual and unpleasant smell, don’t fret about it too much.