Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.8k Members

fibroid question

I am a 40 yr old I have been back pain bloating, bladder always full feeling. Dr sent me for a pap, vag ultrasound and pelvic scan my follow up is not until 19 feb- the findings from the ultrasound read: uterus is enlarged and inhomogeneous echogenicty measuring 10.00 cm in length 7.2 in width and 6.5 in height with a volume of 244.5 . rndometrial stripe is within normal thickness at 10 mm, there is a presence of multiple masses in the uterus largest measuring 4.6 cm x 4.8 cm x 4.3 at the fundus left laterally, and 2.3 cm x 1.7 cm x 1.8 cm x1.6 -my question is if anyone here has around the same issue and if so what did you do about it, I know the 19th isn't that far but it seems like forever when waiting for information
1 Responses
These masses may be fibroids which are very common in women in their 30's and 40's. Unfortunately, many women have hysterectomies for fibroids and other benign condition. Not only do they lose the fibroids but they lose the many LIFE LONG functions (anatomical, skeletal, hormonal, sexual) of the uterus. If surgical intervention is desired, myomectomy (for large fibroids) or hysteroscopic resection of fibroids (for small fibroids) will remove just the fibroids and allow you to keep your uterus and its vital functions.

Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.