Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

ovarian cyst/birth control

Hi I'm 19 and I got my period since I was 12 and basically since then I started getting ovarian cyst and having several rupture. The first ob/gyn I went to when I was 12 put me on the first birth control to stop the cyst, that worked for awhile and then stopped. I went to a new ob/gyn and she changed it to another one and that worked for a while then stopped, then she changed it to that pill one where you get your period every 3 months, that worked for a while and then stopped. Now my new ob/gyn put me on the depo shots, started them like 9 months ago. Now Its almost like they have stopped working again. I've had my period on and off for like the past 3 3 1/2 weeks and had terrible cramps and ovary pain. Is there any other options, I think I have an appointment to see my dr in like 3 weeks. My dad once told me there are people who are like immune to birth control, is that possible?  
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,

For the ovarian cysts, you need to start the treatment other than birth control pills. It can also be treated surgically and this procedure is known as drilling. Try losing weight as it helps a lot to normalize menstruation. Try conceiving between 8-21 days of your cycle as it is fertile period. You may also try a pelvic laparoscopy to treat anovualtion if you don`t ovulate.

Glucophage affects the action of insulin and is useful in reducing a number of the symptoms and complications of PCOS and also useful in the management of irregular periods, ovulation induction, weight loss, prevention of type 2 diabetes, and prevention of gestational diabetes mellitus in women with PCOS.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.