sudden weight gain!!

Im 22yrs old and have always been a healthy size 12 with a nice stomach but weight on my thighs. I have really rapidly put on ALOT of weight around my entire stomach including hips, it feels very loose but its alot of extra weight, atleast a stone and a half in two months, i have been taking bisoprolol for a heart condition called bigamini and wonder if this could be related? I go to the gym 4 times a week and swim and eat well, my diet hasnt changed and i dont eat fast food and its definatley not muscle i have gained. I feel and look terrible! Please help??
Clair,  in an internet search for bisoprolol weight gain,  I found this medline page.

It lists "unusual weight gain" as a serious side effect and states you should call your doctor immediately.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a693024.html
Thanks rockrose, i had a look at the link. Only problem is ive only got the months course but will always have the heart issue meaning theres no point in contacting my doctor as i wont always be on the medication, ive stopped takin them tho. The weight is really loose so hopefully i can lose it!
have your thyroid tested, i had ssame thing, hypo thyroid symptoms normal TSH, but i was growing goitors on synthroid losing wt eatting gluten free menu, alot of RX can cause wt gain...