Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Your Strong Enough! please read.

Hey everyone. I know for a fact!! we will make today a great stepping stone to change!!
IN NO WAY AM I A BIBLE THUMPER" JUST READ THIS EVERYDAY YOU WAKE UP IT HELPS.

SERENITY PRAYER:
GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY, TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE, THE COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINS I CAN, AND THW WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONSIDER YOURSELF BLESSED!! WITH A STRONG ATTITUDE IN PLACE, YOU WON'T BE SURPRISED WHEN ADVERSE CIRCUMSTANCES TURN OUT TO BE IMMENSELY FAVORABLE. JUST BELIEVE IN YOURSELF ANF MIGHTY FORCES WILL COME TO YOUR AID!!!!!

I am going through some of the same feelings you are.
Last Monday, I stopped the abuse of my life and body, I was taking 20+ vic/10+soma. I did some research  to find something to help with W/D.
I new I was in for the ride of my life!
I was told by dr. that because of the combination I was taking, A SMALL SMALL dose of Methadone 5mg max 20mg a day it would help with W/D.
I was scared. NO ONE FOR THE OTHER!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL I AM PROUD TO SAY AFTER ONE WEEK I HAVE NOT HAD A VIC OR SOMA!!!
This week I am dropping down to 10mg!  I know that I still have a long road.
FUNNY THING IS   I CAN'T BELIEVE, LOOKING BACK JUST A WEEK, HOW MANY F'IN PILLS I WAS TAKING.....

YESTERDAY  I WENT OUT AND HAD A DRINK AT LUNCH, I HAD TOOK MY PILLS EARLIER,  I GOT DRUNK/BUZZED  AND HATED IT!! FELT LIKE SHE-IT   COULD NOT WAIT TILL I WAS SOBER!!!!

THIS TELLS ME I AM ON MY WAY!!!

GOD BLESS
STEVE
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
177003 tn?1266270355
WOW!! You helped me make a decision. I have been tapering off fentanyl pain patches for almost a year. It's very slow, with some w/d after each taper.

My doc offered to put me on methadone, and she said I would be off both the patches and the methadone in three weeks. I was afraid to try it. Now I'm going to take that big step and tell her yes at my next appointment.

It's amazing what we learn from one another on this site.

God Bless us all.......LS
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Thanx for the mention of a higher power.  There is a God and I'm pretty sure I'm not It.
Helpful - 0
Good job Steve - keep us posted.

I posted you on a another thread - ref the dif b/w addiction and dependency - for what it is worth.

Good for you - that is inspiring  - considering how much you were taking!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
steve,,right there with ya,,,I was a soma,vic, morphine guy and now in my 4th day ,,,wild 3 days,,enough to scare the livin **** out of you!!!lets stay strong!!!!!!!!!!bugz
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.