Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
176889 tn?1234352582

LadySundown,Orangefyre,Friends

I wish I had more time to read more of what folks are writing here... I continue to be addicted to the forum (among other things) and it seems to do me a worlda good - (say true!) - except that it reinforces my totally wacked out sleep (or lack thereof) nonschedule... also today started realizing that I may have unconsciously used an element of the lots of great info gleaned here to actually increase my usage... the more I think mebbe it's really true the more dumb/ashamed I feel... reading about the gigundo doses of opiates that folks have snorked up must've quietly flipped a little brainfoolin' switch that "hey, afore I go c/t I can take more and more because here I thought all this tylenol and opiate-related garbage was so way too much but heck there's folks here wouldn't even feel what I'm takin'..." - so I didn't even realize it, but like I say it just dawned on me today...  setback... such a deep vein of intense sadness to all this for all the folks here... methinks that's oddly enough part of why everyone's so deepdown good, real, caring, spiritual people... messed ourselves up good... and my longing to reach out in little baby steps and try help out lighten the load for a few others... if only... Please stay in touch... LS, how are you?? forgive me but what is that three letter condition you were writing someone about? it's s'posed to be obvious, I dunno... doesn't sound so good... how can I help??                        L,  Nefesh
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
176889 tn?1234352582
I ain't leaving this site for sure as long as you're here... I just meant that in a moment of clarity saw that I'd twisted even the overwhelming goodness that ricochets throughout this site to unknowingly rationalize a further release of control on dosage patterns... I do feel my "addiction" to this forum is an overwhelmingly good thing, just that I'm still stuck with me - tho getting help from amazing folks like you, which does give me hope... as you rightly put it, making this opiate addiction didn't happen overnight, and ending it, even if it's c/t, isn't overnight neither... was reading below the post about Cravings... sounds like even after being clean for a good stretch, those insensible cravenings cling around smelling for a nibble...  as you might say, "what fun!"...  Do you mind my asking what was the problem that put you on the patches?...  wanted to look it up today, but the time slipslid like always... I have a few patches stashed away somewhere for a "rainy" day (actually I like rainy moody days.... I should be saving it up for a stifling hot muggy day instead!)   read about the ice storms - did you get hit?  snow also?  I miss the snow... can horses run in the snow??  plum tuckered out...  my prayers with you for the restless legs to mellow out find some comfy cove... are there really meds for restless limbs that keep waving in the wind?  easier to tie 'em down or stop the wind?  take care,  stay in touch            L,  Nefesh
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
I took 5-HTP, found in drug store, and GNC and such for the RLS. It is used for athletes who have overworked their laegs and experience the same as the w/d RLS. It did help.
Lisa
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I am worried. I hope I read you wrong. Are you still going to use this site and the good people here?? I know what you mean about noticing other people have addictions that constitue using a larger amount of drugs than you do, but everyone is different. Your addiction is just that....your addiction. As people, we are all unique and indivdual. Please don't take more that you are now. There really is a way to w/d from these awful drugs and we all need help doing it.

You would be sadly missed if you left the site. I think I would be lost beyond hope. I want to help you so please reach out and take the help I have. Just giving you positive thoughts is a step in the right direction. You aren't going to ditch your habit over night because you didn't build up to it over night.

I must have come back to the site right after you left because your post was at the top. If you leave how will I keep in touch with you??

I will check later and tomorrow also to see if you have posted.
Hugsssssss,LS
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I'm so sorry I forgot to answer your question. You probably mean RLS.=restless leg syndrome. It's not a pain but it drives you nuts and makes it impossible to sleep. If feels like your legs are crawling inside. You absolutely have to get up and walk so you don't feel it for a little while. I never had it before w/d. I'm asking the Dr. for something for that when I go on Thursday.

More Hugsss...LS
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I have restless leg syndrome off and on, but only since I started the w/d from the patches. I'll tell you what happened that ended up with me on the fentanyl transdermal pain patches.

In June of 2005 they discovered a malignant tumor in the middle of the bone in my upper arm. It took four surgeries to remove the bone and replace it with titanium. It was the most painful thing I ever experienced. I was doing ok on the morphine pump and then they were going to put me on a oral pain med, but I was taken by ambulance to rehab and that's where a nurse practitioner put the patch on me and changed my life. My family dr. and surgeon didn't know she did that. My f dr is a woman and she's helping me taper. I'll let you know what I find out when I go to the dr. Thursday. Thanks for caring.

I know you can detox off the pills. Take it slow. Make cuts little by little. No need to hurry or c/t. If you start by just shaving one pill, you're taking charge and things will get better from there.

I live in IN and I can still ride in the winter when there isn't a lot of snow, but I still have walk her on days I can't ride. They get different food in the winter, too.

What are some of the things you like?? I enjoy reading, also.
I have kept you here reading too long already. I will be watching for your next post.

Lots of Hugsss......LS
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.