Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

Had the worst day ever..

so not to mention i am in the middle of a taper, I think I am losing my job. Well i was told if my client count number up in the next two months, then i had to find another job. I have been there for 4 1/2 years. I have had a slump this past year due to a price increase. And now they are saying since i am no longer doing the number of clients I was they need the chair. WTF??  No help? No encouragement?? Just heres two months and see ya. I am so upset have been crying for hours. Have no idea how to handle this.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I promised myself I'd not post again on this forum, but you sounded like my past situation all over again.  I'm 21 days clean this morning - hang in their, it does get better.  

I nearly lost my job also ~ loose the pills and your mind will be free and you will become more creative in your endeavors at work.  

Hang in their - if I can do it...ANYBODY can.

TB
Helpful - 0
182775 tn?1209736027
It may not be much comfort, but many of us have lost our jobs.  While I would love to have my first job (20 years) back; I wouldn't trade the subsequent jobs, experiences, and friends.

Please...please...do not let a layoff get in the way of your getting off drugs.  Getting your life back is far more important.  

My father always said that we trade years of our lives, working, for money.  We never get the years back and the money disappears in time.  In his way, he was saying that our lives are always more important than any jobs.

~George~  

Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I'm so sorry you are going through so much turmoil. I'm sure you're very good at your job. I know this is easier said than done, but don't worry about it until it happens. All it will do is add more stress and not change a thing.

I will keep you in my prayers,
LS
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
it sucks because I am a hairstylist and changing jobs is an awful thing to do. You generally lose 25-30% of your business. I have lost enough between this price increase and just people moving away and such. To start over with 7 years in the business is suicide, I wouldn't willfully do it to myself. Now I may have no choice. and my boss knows every owner in town so getting a new job would be difficult. I am losing it tonight, I wish i wasn't going through all this at the same time.
Helpful - 0
I have had many tragedies in my life, GOD closed one door he will always open another look for it!!
True testimony from me It has always happened!!
My prays are with you!
the rock!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.