Aa
A
A
A
Close

oxy withdrawal

hi ,
8 days no oxy or percoset .
was on for pain for 4 years . no more then 40mg oxy at once. and 20mg perocaet at same time. just wouldnt take anymore then that.
(one shattered heel recovery)and 2 bad shulder surgeries
pain is almost gone from accident but. im hurting soo bad . i read some stuff here , but 8 days im still going through BAD physical w/d
first time i ever tapered myself off and quit, i can handle the pain from rehab but when will this .. these HORRORS stop. i havnt slept in 4 days maybe 5
I cant go exersize , cant walk on the fot yet
  is 8 days abnormal? when will it end physically? any thimng i can buy over the counetr to help/ im scared to death to get a script from pain managemnt /surgeons
  i stopped even going to both. syptoms of w/d are 5 tiems worse then foot pain atm.

thanks to any replies
                   Hop Along
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
401095 tn?1351391770
workmens comp is a hassle..my friend just went thru it with a back injury..u r allowed to see a doctor outside the network for a second opinion..and this i would do..also they have more than one doctor in the network so u can switch to another..but it seems they r in cahoots with the comp organization and getting good quality treatment is hard..lots of red tape..call his case-worker and demand to see another doctor in the network...do u have a lawyer?  it helps
Helpful - 0
Need advice on how to hadle a surgeon who flat out refused to prescripe any kind of nacorit for my husbands pain.  He as back surgery in Sept 2008 and has not one day go by with out being in pay, He cant sleep either,  So I have this crabby man at home
not working this injury happed at work so its a work comp claim.  This week he instited the he get anther MRI done which should the reason he is still in serve pain. He as a large mass of a heritation disk, so going back in for my surgery next tuesday. Until then he is getting no pain meds.   I has mentioned to be many times in the two weeks he does not ever want to live with this pain again.  He wood rather die then live with the pain he goes thru 24/7.............we are open for any suggestions.

Thanks
Kelly and Wayne
Helpful - 0
hey
thanks . cool that someone answered , wow im freaking . i cant sleep. i read the part about immodium on the thomas' W/D post
  now if i , could get  my legs to stop ..sigh
         thanks again for replying beetlybug
                                 Horrors
Helpful - 0
Unfortunately, everyone is different, so we never know how long something will last.  I had TERRIBLE horrors when I went cold turkey, and so I had to go back on to tapering, almost down to nothing, but still can't quit completely, tried it 5 times, DOES NOT WORK FOR ME!  Just know that we're here for you!  (((HUGS)))
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.