Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
186166 tn?1385259382

Asking for prayers

My son Christian, the meth addict, needs your prayers.  For the last four - five months he has been getting these huge swollen knots all over his body.  I thought they were boils caused by the crystal meth.  He is currently in jail (again) and today was checked by a physician there...I know this doctor and he is reputable.  Anyway, he said that the knots are not boils...it is swollen lymph nodes and they are all over.  He is sending him for tests to rule out leukemia...LEUKEMIA...WTF!  
I'm trying not to get myself all worked up and wait for the results...they will not come soon enough.  Please send your prayers and positive thoughts our way.
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I believe prayers are a positive and I"ll include your son in mine
Helpful - 0
I will pray for your son and you too. I think you are a wonderful mother and your children are very, very lucky to have you.
God Bless,
M
Helpful - 0
I get the same thing all the time!!!  So does my daughter, always has.  We don't filter our lympnodes like nornal people!  BUT, when my oldest son was three yrs old. he seemed to have the same thing, but it was hodgkins lymphoma, and 1.5 years later, all better!

You'll be in my thoughts!
Helpful - 0
I'm so sorry about Christian - both you and he will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
i had a friend with a 10,000dollar a year habit of meth.his adnoids were always swollen.he finally got clean and they cleared up.I will say a prayer.i know how worried you are.I lost my son to alcohol a year and 3 months ago.God Bless.
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I'm so sorry for you and your son. I will keep you in my prayers and hopefully it won't be lukemia. I would tell you to try not to worry but as a mom I know that's impossible.
Hugs.....LS
Helpful - 0
You will be in my prayers.  I wish you and your child the best.  I undertand how scary things can be.  

Keep your chin up, it may be o.k. I know first hand what drugs do to our body. i hope this is one of the side effects.  i will pray.

God bless

Angel
Helpful - 0
I will pray for you, as well as all your fans, lol.... Look, your probably just letting your head run your thoughts,  It does seem like Lukemia would be last case senerio as everyone else said.  Keep your positve way about you, and he will be fine as I am sure he is,,,, Love and Peace, G
Helpful - 0
182775 tn?1209736027
The lymphatic system is composed of lymph vessels, lymph nodes, and organs, e.g. spleen, bone marrow etc.

This system has various functions, perhaps the most important is its immune system role.  The lymphatic system flushes the body of "foreign" bodies.  

When your son's physician discovered the enlarged lymph nodes he did the right thing by testing for sarcomas (systemic cancers).   Even though he may suspect  your son's condition is due to meth, he did the right thing by seeking to eliminate the sarcomas.   Until he gets the test results he can not be certain it isn't both the meth and a sarcoma.   Having both is unlikely, but your physician is making absolutely certain it isn't by testing.

Your son is definitely in good hands.  

I know this is a bit harshly technical but I hope it gives you a better understanding.  

GEORGE

Helpful - 0
I will keep you in my prayers. Swollen Lymph Nodes Don't always mean Leukemia this sounds like the worse case scenario!
Helpful - 0
190466 tn?1215884854
We will all pray for Christian at church,stay strong and believe Hope and prayers Clay TX  
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.