Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
177003 tn?1266270355

Peete1974

I know we haven't really "talked" but I have read your posts. The one about your ex-hubby beating you severely made me almost fall out of my chair. I was to tell you in a nice way (but true) that once a man starts hitting, it never gets better but it does get a whole lot worse. Does he say he's sorry after he's done?? Most of them do, and they are terrific for a short time. Just never let your guard down because it will happen again. How can you kick your addiction when you don't know when you're going to get the hell beat out of you the next time?? I'm not trying to be mean and I hope I don't come across that way. I am just worried beyond words about you.
How do I know what will happen?? I was sleeping and I got kicked so hard in the ribs that I flew out of bed and landed on the floor. A boot on the foot of a 250lb man can do a lot of damage to a 100lb woman. Ribs hurt for a very long time. It took me about three beatings and I called the cops and they came and got him. It would have happened again.
I think you will find you have a much happier life when you remove the violence. Things will be so much better for you.

I don't want to leave out the guys. There are many men that are physically hurt badly by their wives or g/f's. They just don't report it.

I wish you luck....Take Care.....LS
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I agree with LS.  I had an ex boyfriend throw me in a bathtub and point a gun at me.  I snuck out a window that night (he trapped me in) and went right to the cops and never went back.  It makes me sick to think about how things could have turned out had I not done that.  Please take care of yourself.  These things can go from bad to worse in the blink of an eye!
Helpful - 0
I posted to you below and you are probably tired of hearing me talk, but please please take care of yourself.  One of the most vivid memories of my childhood is seeing my mother being attacked with a butcher knife while she slept and this is just one memory on top of many others.  Please please get out of this relationship, please...................

Love, Cindy
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
Too bad we all can't get together and make that guy run the gauntlet.
Helpful - 0
Thank you all so very much for your concern.  He is out of town right now but I don't know for how long.  Last summer he nearly killed me and spent six months in jail.  He got out last October and is living in his own place now.  I made a post above and didn't mention all of your names in it and I'm sorry for that.  I didn't see this post until a minute ago.  My email address is ***@****.  Feel free to write me anytime, your words have given me strength.  God bless all of you.
Heather
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.