Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 2 ~ Quick Question

As promised - I'm here to pester everyone about my WDs. This should provide a nice place for me to keep a journal.

Anyway - Day 2 - I almost feel better than yesterday in some aspects - I'm mentally more ready to take on the WDs at least. Physically - this is the first time I had been stuffy, yawny, etc.. past the first day.

As a matter of fact, I feel more dizzy and anxious than usual. Also, my breathing feels labored, and I've had some palpitations. I've checked my BP a few times, and nothing scary has been shown, so I'm sure it's all in my head.

Question - my last day of Vics was Wednesday - Thursday I took 3 Tramadol to make it through the day. 2.5 @ 7AM & .5 @ 2PM. Should I cound the hours from 2PM even though it was a different pill and a small amount?

Also, before the vics, I was taking roughly 3 Tramadol a day for a few weeks, and this was after coming off a few weeks of Vicodin. Should I suspect worse WDs than usual, since I've had Tramadol mixed in with this Vics? As far as I can tell, I didn't take enough Tramadol for a long enough period to have WDs from them, but... my physical symptoms seem to be lasting longer.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
199177 tn?1490498534
Whenwillitend,
I know you are not taking much TRAM but plz be careful taking them .m. I did the reverse i to the vikes to get of the tram ,for me it did not help in the end it was the same WDs but it may work diffrent for you . I am here to help if ya need it .
Avis
Helpful - 0
I flushed the Tramadol yesterday. I was too afraid of them. Luckily they never made me feel good - but they were good at keeping the runs at bay and making the Vicodin WDs seem less severe.

If this is like any other normal WD, I should start feeling better tomorrow, I hope.
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I don't think your w/d will be too bad. Of course, people are different so anything is possible. It's good you want off the pills and try to draw your strength from that. Your physical symtoms might not get any worse. I'm sure hoping they don't. Are you tapering or going c/t?? I take it you're tapering.

I wish you all the best......LS
Helpful - 0
Nope - CT from 100MG Hydrocodone / day. It was pretty bad - I was starting to do cold water extractions trying to avoid OD'ing on Tylenol.

Tramadol was just used to get between Hydro fixes.

Sadly, for the last 4-5 months, I wasn't even getting a rush - it was just completely compulsive. It sucks telling yourself 'no, no, NO' and your hand just plops the pill in your mouth anyway.

I was taking the second I woke up and I'm finding now it is almost imposive to motivate myself out of bed. Luckily I have 8 more days before I go back to work - I'd give up the rest of my vacation to feel better today though.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.