Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hi honeys, I'm home...

Lizzie Lou, Fladdict, addictedtolortab, Mis Take, Roof, Chrosty, Whenwillitend, Lady S. and all my friends, I just wanted to check in and let all of you know I survived the weekend.  The amazing part is that as of a few months ago, I would've never attempted such a job without being high on my "oxys".  But this time my sister and I enjoyed "quality" time together and did all of the food for the event ourselves and I was totally straight!  I even made tons and tons of my "famous" mini-cheesecakes and they were a big hit!  I was also the "quality check" taster!  haha
I missed you and hope all of you had great weekends.  I'm so proud of me and hope ya'll are too.
Love,
Yoda  68 days c/t from oxy
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
What an achievement - 60 days!!!!!!!! I am on day 3, and it's no picnic, but I don't feel like giving in on the other hand, so that is something, right? I hope I will soon be able to have a weekend like the one you just described. You must be so proud of yourself.
Thanks for reminding us that it is possible to succeed.
Take care and have a good day.
Minnie
Helpful - 0
I just posted, but I don't know where it went???
Just wanted to congratulate you with day 68, fantastic. I am on day 3 (very small yeeaaaaah), but at least I am on my way, and even though it's no picnic, I don't feel like I want to give in, so that is something, right?
Thanks for reminding us who are still struggling that it can be done.
Have a great day.
Minnie  
Helpful - 0
I know it seems like you have a long way to go, but Day 3 is quite an achievement in itself.  I was there once.  So hang in there, a day at a time, and you'll get there.  I am very proud of you.  I remember how hard those first few days were!  And I'm here for you if you need anything, ok?
Good luck,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
I really don't know what happened here, I am not yet that senile, if anyone suspects that ;-)
Minnie
Helpful - 0
It's coming thru; sometimes we see posts before the poster does!  
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
YOGI....YOU'RE BACK ! ! ! ! ! !

YIPPEE...WOOOOO HOOOOO !

sounds like you had a fun trip...so glad it came at a time that it did.   wasn't it great to realize how your life has changed...and for the better.   guess you find it amazing how you can "cope and function" without any outside influences, huh?   wow...i AM very proud of you...you go girl...awesome !

i missed talking to you this weekend...the forum was very slow.   glad you are back :)

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
i know what you're talking about.   i "read" your response to my post to you...then the next time i came back...it was gone...hhmmmm?   then it appeared again next time...what is going on?   several times over the last few days i have posted to someone...hit the submit button...it went through and back to the forum.   but when i looked, it wasn't there.   i know ladysundown has been having problems too.

glad to read that your "head" is in a good place...committment.

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
Mom, you mean I didn't miss anything while I was gone?  Dang.  I was hoping to catch up on all the news when I got back.  Did you ever get hold of Roof?  Is he doing ok?
I missed you so much!
Love,
Yogi
Helpful - 0
hi im new around here.  guess ive been "lurking"  for weeks now.  ive got to get to know all of your stories and wow.  i thought i was all alone in this battle.   i have had some time to think about how this all started and i can't even remember when.  guess ive had an addictive personality and liked the way opiates made me feel or not feel.  ive decided to make my quit day tomorrow.   ive got support from my husband and im starting to let some other family members in on my "secret".  i got to rehab counselor tomorrow and im scared as he%%.  i think i can beat this without going into i/p treatmnt.  let me know what you guys think    and thanks for the support in advance
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!  I think we're all proud of you. You set a good example for new people here. They can see there is hope.

I have trouble getting my posts show up when I send them sometimes, too. I guess it's a glitch or something but It sure is aggravating.

Big Hug......LS
Helpful - 0
Thank you for the kind words.  By the way, how are you doing today?  How was your weekend?  I know you've had some not so good days, so please be sure to let me know if I can help in anyway, ok.
Love ya,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
Welcome Back! :)

I'm very happy that all went so well for you this weekend! I will be going to my best friends wedding around my mid 50's, and I was slightly concerned about tackling all the responsibilities. I know by then I should be in much better shape, but I've always had an evil friend to rely on for high stress situations. Hearing how well you did gives me hope! :)

Anyway, good to have you back!
Helpful - 0
Welcome Back! :)

I'm very happy that all went so well for you this weekend! I will be going to my best friends wedding around my mid 50's, and I was slightly concerned about tackling all the responsibilities. I know by then I should be in much better shape, but I've always had an evil friend to rely on for high stress situations. Hearing how well you did gives me hope! :)

Anyway, good to have you back!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.