Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

im a little confused just a ? so dont get mad ? to all on tramadol

Hey everyone,
I have been researching Tramadol for a few days. WHy b/c when i took classes for medication aide training we learned that it is not addictive and not a narcotic and non opoiod. However that being said i see ALOT of people on here that are addicted to it and have a hell of a time getting off it. Me hydrocodone being my drug of choice so to speak have found tramadol to do nothing for me meaning i feel just like i do when i take tylenol i just found a web page as i was researching it that said it is RARLEY addictive and it is considered safe to people who have addictive behavior. On the other hand i have also read an artical where it says that the DEA is almost going to have it put in the schedualed drug family because it is being abused so much. Why am i researching it i dont know maybe just bordem or maybe because what i learned in class is conflicting with what i am learning here at this forum. I guess my question to all of u who take tramadol is do u feel a HIGH from it like u do hydros or what do u feel im just curious b/c i beleve it is very addictive and people are misled by docs who say it is not. And reading some posts on here it almost sounds like the w/d from it are just as bad as that from hydrocodne Let me know gys luv u CHros
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
177003 tn?1266270355
I saw that on the news, too. I wasn't surprised that they lied. Sometimes I think people and pharmacies will do and say anything to sell their dope.

How have you been?? I have missed you but was happy you were at the cabin enjoying yourself and nature.

It's so nice seeing you. I will email soon......hugs....LS
Helpful - 0
hi, ive been reading your posts lately and i really feel for you. i have been there, going through the same things you're going through. nobody wants to go through that hell. i have made the decision to get on methadone and stay on it. it has changed my life. like you, i couldnt stop for too long b/c i didnt want to go through the hell. withdrawal is hell. and i found myself telling everybody how shitty i felt, im sure people didnt understand. i even went to another state, to stay with my sister. it didnt help cause everywhere i went, there i was. i couldnt get away from the pain. ok as for your question about tramadol, i took tram when i was going through the w/d and it worked for me. i took 2 /50 mg tabs every couple hours. i never took them before, so i dont know how they feel. but 180 mgs of methadone a day is alot. and if the tramadol could stop the w/d, then it must be pretty strong. hang in there cros, i feel like i know you. i wont suggest the methadone clinic, cause everyone will probably have alot to say about that, so i'll just say, do what your body tells you. thanks, tammy
Helpful - 0
My daughter has been using tramadol off and on. She uses it for back pain but only when the pain starts up. Tramadol is supposed to have less potential for addiction than other similar type drugs. However, there seems to be two sides to that. Some medical facilities say that it doesn't cause addiction other say it does. I guess only full time users are the best judges of that. According to my daughters doctor, it shouldn't be a problem. I was given the same spiel when I started on oxycontin, that it would have little or no addictive effect on me. I was on it for about a month and in withdrawal for almost two months. So much for the little or no addictive effects. Every drug, regardless of it's strength, can be addictive depending on your state of mind. There are people who are addicted to Aspirin, Tylenol, cough medicines, antihistamines, you name it. Of course they will usually deny that they are dependant on it simply because it is not considered an addictive substance. There are other types of addictions that are shrugged off such as  TV,  games,  golf,  weightlifting, bird watching and so on. Everybody has an addiction of some sort, Eating chocolate,   gambling,  buying shoes,  shopping, the list goes on and on. The only ones that are given the name of "Addicts" are those who have taken to, or been given drugs that are hard to handle. A man who drinks is an alchoholic, a smoker has "A bad habit" both are addictions under another name. When someone gives you that "Look' just look back and smile, it usually unnerves them. Just go on with your attempts to beat the problem and don't worry about "Honest Joe" who has never, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, done anything wrong.
Helpful - 0
Love it. Did anyone watch the news tonight? The makers of Oxycontin were successfuly sued for 600 million dollars. A handful of exec's also sued INDIVIDUALLY for more millions. Why? THEY LIED. They said it wasn't addictive, even tho they knew damn well it was. I think that is wondeful. Poison makers and life wreckers being held accountable. I'd be wary of anything drug makers say about addictive potential. It is now a fact that they LIE.
Helpful - 0
My drug of choice was tramadol. An average dose for someone my size is 1 pill 3x a day, and I took 4-6 pills at least 3 times a day. (with some other stuff mixed in) I don't know why doctors say it is not addictive because it is. I mean the rehab I was in gave it to people (who hadn't abused it) for bad pain, because it is "non addictive". In my active addiction I would do anything to get tramadol...

Thank God I am off of it... too much can cause serious damage to your brain!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.