Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Thanks to LadySundown and Brian40/40 and I can't seem to hack c/t.

I just wanted to say thanks to the replies that a couple of you made to me about a week and a half ago.   I blew c/t though.   My problem (20-50 mg. Lortab a day) isn
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Wow! I just have to say "Thank You" to you.  I was going absolutely crazy last night with the leg jitters & juming out of my skin last night.  I also was trying to taper off Vicodin, but just couldn't seem to be committed to it. So, about 20 hours ago, I took my last vicodin.  

The day wasn't too bad, but around midnight.......Whew!!! I was actually punching & scratching my legs to get them to relax. (didn't work, btw.)
I wanted to try taking a few shots of hard liquor to take the edge off, but there wasn't any in the house.  And seeing what you posted now, I'm glad I didn't have any around.  I went in the shower & let really hot water run down my legs & that seemed to help, although I was really red when I got out, so I don't think I'd recommend the water be as hot as I had it.  But, I didn't care.

So, I'm still really anxious & I feel so jittery, but I'm checking into a bed & breakfast this afternoon because they have a jacuzzi & a pool, and a massaging water jet shower.   My husband will be home in a few mins. & then I'm outta here.  

Now that I'm done rambling, I'll say Good Luck to you & keep your head up! We're all here to listen & help each other.  And thank you so much for your post about the beer!

---Dawn
Helpful - 0
Thanks.   I'm glad to offer anything   I have been lurking on this site for almost 3 months and it has helped so much.   I also read about the hot water thing here and I agree it really helps in some indefinable way.   I wish I could sleep in the tub, hehe.   We have a steam shower and it's really nice.   It's so funny that you are checking into a hotel with a Jacuzzi.    I was thinking about doing exactly that, lol.   I was a little nervous about feeling so nasty outside of the house, though.   If you get a chance, let me know how it worked out for you.   Good luck to you and thank you again for writing.   Not feeling alone has definitely been the best alleviation for my w/ds yet.
Helpful - 0
Yep- Goin straight into a hot jacuzzi as soon as I check in.  The place is only 20 minutes from where we live, so it's not bad.  We live in an apartment in my parent's basement right now while we're having our home remodeled.

So, this week I'll be hanging out there trying to get through w/d.  I've stocked up on Chuck Liddel DVDs & other UFC DVDs.  I'm a huge UFC fan!!!!  Not sure if you're into Ultimate Fighting, but I am obssessed with the Iceman Chuck Liddell.  My husband always teases me about him.  OK, I'm going for a jog right now. My legs are still going nonstop!!!! Uggh I hate it!
Helpful - 0
That's funny about UFC.   For me, it's video games.   A good medium paced, medium difficulty game seems to distract me, nicely.   Well, good luck on your w/d gettaway.   I'm curious about that.   If you get a chance, post when you get back.   I worked through my c/t attempt and it was kinda rough.   Maybe I should set aside a couple days.

Thanks again for your posts and I'll be waiting to see how it turns out for you.
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
It's good to see you post. Sometimes people have to use c/t and taper. It's whatever works best for you. I could never have gone c/t from my fentanly patches in the beginning.
I had terrible rls, too. My dr. wrote me a script for Requip and it worked so well. I also had brain zaps and at times felt like shocks of electricity were shooting through my whole body.
I'm glad to see that you have come back and please keep posting.
Take Care.....LS
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.