Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Family are the biggest "Victims"

I know a lady who has struggled with addiction in her family...
She had to shoulder most of it because either her better half is sick of it or has tried and saw no postive results....
She loves her boys to death and even though they are addicts defends them and wishes them happiness even though it might be a distorted happiness.....
She is a very good person and has a very nice personality...that is how we became friends.....her looks never mattered to me....even though I would joke about them with her.....

What her sons don't understand is all the mental anguish they have put their mother through........and how she still fights for them tooth and nail....

That is what a mother does and god bless her for that I hope she has the strength to deal with all the ramifications that come from illegal drug use including fighting for her sons life one day.......

I wish her strength and love cause she is a very good person....
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I respect your posts and get alot of info from them. You are real and know what you are talking about. I agree with everything you say. You are very intelligent and knowlegable.
Helpful - 0
If I was so intelligent I wouldn't of wasted decades of my life but at the same time I contemplate in my mind that maybe the path I choose was a learning one in a bigger picture......
I want to be a CAC (Certified Addiction Counselor)
Its amazing when some things become so clear in your mind and the energy and desire that I have to achieve this goal is very strong......

Thanks for the kind words......

M
Helpful - 0
You would make an excellent counselor. I really enjoy your posts and still think you are a very intelligent man. I wish more people would follow your advice and get into treatment. You can only play the game for so long and then you're out of chips.
Helpful - 0
i know who are talking about, and yes she loves her boys!!!!! i have said this before, but since you brought it up....lets ALL make today a day to remember our LOVED ONES!!!!! and the sheer HE11 we have put them through with OUR ADDICTION....they didnt ask for this, but they have endured and suffered through it because THEY LOVE US!!!!!!!

lets all take time today to say and show them how much WE LOVE THEM!!!!!!

luv ya,
tink  :)
Helpful - 0
Here, here..........

Yes many people here probably know who I am talking about.....
we had a falling out because of my "brutally honest" conversation I had with
her.....by the way she is the one who gave me the nick name.......

It is very hard to hear bad things about your children even if there true and I feel bad.......
what I feel bad about is I should of backed off and not for the words that I spoke because I feel strongly about them..but when they started to hurt to much  I should of stopped.......

I'm still learning in this world everyday but our topic hit home over here.......
and I lost myself for a minute......
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Ouch!!!
Helpful - 0
Hello fishmeal,,

You know in the big picture of life to Apologize for hurting someones feelings with the truth or something that you feel strongly about it much better to use drugs and lie to their face anyday..............

I hope when she cools down she will contact me again I enjoyed our conversations...............
Helpful - 0
I'm glad to see you back and posting again! You were missed!  

Now I will be brutally honest!  You never pull punches and your honesty is truly what is most helpful to many of us....myself included but yes, sometimes I think you do need to pull back just a little!  

Many of us admire you for what you have accomplished and how you have gotten your life back so please....don't stay away and don't become a "softee" (no comment please!!!!LOL) either. We need your solid and forthright approach ok?

Marcie:0)
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I haven't always agreed with your posts but I have never found them to be untrue. I know who you're talking about, too. Let me say you have excellent taste!!

Take Care....LS
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
guess it is no secret who you are talking about and since you have made it public, i feel i must reply.

michael...you have been one of the closest friends i have ever had...i have been able to talk to you about anything...and i mean anything...you have never judged me and have always been truthful and upfront with me.  i have confided in you things that i have never told anyone else...and that is because of your nature that i have been able to open up to you.

about our disagreement...i made it CLEAR that i didn't want or need your opinion on the subject in question...but you would not let up.  you just kept digging and digging...you were relentless...and i was very hurt and disappointed in you...i as a friend would never intentionally hurt someones feelings that i cared about...but you didn't seem to care about my feelings...all you cared about was trying to prove me wrong...trying to be right.   how many times did i say to you that i didn't want to talk about it?

i AM mad...upset...hurt...disappointed...and i need time to sort through some things.   i have had sooooo much on me the last few weeks...weddings...chirstian's HIV...depression...and the last thing i needed was to be hounded about something that i never even asked for an opinion on.   as you know...i will be leaving tomorrow and won't be back until maybe monday...i will take that time to re-evaluate things...let a little time pass...i have never been one to hold a grudge...normally i just let it roll...work it out...and move on.   but this time michael...you really hurt me...and i need to think about some things.

your friend,
kim
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.