Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

what do we do with a bad apple in the group?

hi all, it has come to my obvious attention there is a bad apple among us.  I was wondering is there protocol for the group or
do we just ignore rude and obviously uncalled for posts?
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
this does happen here, from time to time. unfortunately it is online and really anyone can create a s/n. from many past experiences here the best thing to do is JUST IGNORE IT. we do have a forum moderator here and if becomes  problem, their posts will eventually be deleted and the person causing trouble will be "banned" from posting on Medhelp.

for now just ignore this person, trust me when i say, a "reaction" is exactly what they want when they're here causing trouble. typically if they are ignored they will stop cause its no longer fun for them. i know how sad  it is that someone would come to an addiction forum and cause trouble, but it does and will happen.

luv ya,
tink  :)
Helpful - 0
193953 tn?1272075026
If you are speaking of me then I would just like to say that she was on here to retain advice. You speak from the addiction point of view where I speak from a pain sufferer point of view. I have been accused of the same thing; however, I have legit pain issues. I have posted on here for a while off and on, and offered advice and this is the first time I have said anything that I would be singled out for. She wanted advice from the forum and I AM part of that forum as well as you guys. I guess I can only give advice if it goes with everyone else says, huh?
Helpful - 0
Everyone has a right to their own opinion and what you might call a "bad apple" can be looked at both ways. This is just my opinion and by no means am I referring to any in particular. We are all adults here and should respect all different views, even if they might differ from yours. No offense meant by this, I am just telling it like it is.
Tim
Helpful - 0
193953 tn?1272075026
Thanks Tim. I appreciate it. I have posted here for a while and I am as much part of the forum as anyone else. I didn't realize that when people ask for advice, they just want the other people who are on their side to speak up. I was just providing an opinion same as everyone else here...
Helpful - 0
I have been looking at the posts today and I don't think you are the bad apple they are talking about. I don't want to name anyone either but it is very obvious who it is.
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
I agree with ggin35
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
Ignoring posts that I know might upset me has worked the best. I need to concentrate on my w/d. There are some fantastic people on this forum. Tink is right...this is, or will be, a moderated board. We are all entitled to our views and opinions, but we don't need to judge when ignoring removes the whole problem.
Hugs to all.....LS
Helpful - 0
you are SO NOT THE bad apple.  Why would you even think that?  It was just noticed that someone was saying some pretty off the wall stuff and OMG it was not you!  
Helpful - 0
Oh my goodness, I did not ask the question to stir any trouble I assure you.  If I had known the reactions I was going to get I would not have said anything.  Someone today raised a red flag in my mind.  All I did was ask if someone showed up here that none of us knew *happens every single day* and started making lite of our situations or saying off the wall things to us  I wanted to know what to do and I was told to ignore which makes perfect sense.. But when I read these posts I wanted to react.  Instead I asked  the group a question. Then Anjel got upset and defensive when it was not directed to Anjel.   Please guys forget I said anything OK?  I was worried about someone else getting hurt and I must learn to keep my eyes on myself.
Helpful - 0
You were right anyway!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.