Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
177003 tn?1266270355

I wasn't counting on this.......

I thought things were going well because most of the physical stuff has gotten a little better lately. I didn't count on the emotional part, which is almost worse. I'm up, I'm down, I'm sad, I feel like I'm stuck in a huge panic attack. My xanax doesn't seem to be helping. I can't sit still. I pace and pace. I do go out and take my walks but I'm not enjoying them the way I have always done.

I see almost all knew faces. I've been here since Feb. and I have been w/d'g from fentanyl pain patches. Started on 100mcg and now I'm on 12mcg. Just a little longer and my dr. will let me take off the last patch and put me on something for two weeks and then, hopefully, I'm done.

Hello to the people who are knew or that I haven't "talked" to yet. Time to pace again.....

Take Care All......LS
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
177003 tn?1266270355
Tomanypills...yes I know what you mean about mowing the lawn. lol How are you doing?? You've given some good advice and suggestions to people on the forum. I know I will be off the fentanyl patches soon. I have considered wearing them on my forehead. lol  Keep up the good work you're doing here.....

Badeggs...I am sooooooo glad to hear from you. I have thought about you often. There is only a handful of "patchers" left. Manonfire hasn't posted much lately but he lurks. Suprglyde has so much physical pain but he wants a clear head back and will fight the pain. He's working hard on that. I'm glad you went down from 100mcg patch to 75mcg. I didn't have hardly any w/d when I made that taper. I think the w/d gets worse the closer I get to being done with the damn things. I have to put Yahoo msgr back in. My email is ***@**** and ***@****. I would really like to stay in touch. You're the only female patcher I know. lol Your encouragement means so much to me. Please take care, my friend....

FLaddict....don't worry about me. I just want you to get some good sleep. The sub seems to be working for you, huh?? You're gonna nail it this time.....

Opiate Addict....I haven't gone off on anyone (well, one person.) I seem to keep it inside. I don't like this emotional thing at all. Years ago I had to w/d from a 13 yr. valium addiction. That was no picnic. :o) I take about 4 or 5 showers a day. It feels great when I'm in there but when I come out it's back to the bad stuff. I'm happy to get a chance to talk to you. Don't be a stranger and keep posting.....

BIG HUGS TO ALL OF YOU.....
Helpful - 0
hey girl...how are you? sounds like its still pretty rough going for ya. im sorry to hear that. i have jumped down myself from 100mcg to 75mcg. i was hoping for no withdrawls, hadn't had any up to this drop. i do have some restles legs , and the aches that go with it. butits not too awful bad as of yet. my youngest daughter just had a baby on the 9th, and this is my second grandchild. my first is only 5 mos old now. they do keep me busy, which helps to keep my mind occupied(sp?) but i have been reading all the posts, but still lurking. alot of new ppl here.  i hope things get better for you dear, i know how hard you have been trying to get off these damn patches, and you WILL succeed! i know it. just keep plugging along. i know exactly how you feel. do you ever use your yahoo msgr? i look for you. take care hun, and best to all the rest of you still struggling...stay strong ppl you can do it......cin
Helpful - 0
Hello and thanks for the welcome.. i know what you mean with the mood swings.. i go off on almost everyone i see.. i am not a nice person when im going through withdrawal.. i almost have full panic attacks when i go into public and there are more than 3 people around me.. i just cant stand it.. its been so long since ive been "sober" and not on pain meds while out in public.. its like i have to relearn how to socialize and act.. the mood swings cant last forever.. im sure you already know this but your opiate receptors in your brain are just trying to adjust again and are looking for a stable mood.. so mood swings are normal unfortunately.. right now i feel like im crawling out of my skin and i want to just scream at someone.. but im trying to get through tonight.. and i hope you can too.. like i said.. the mood swings will eventually subside and youll feel back to normal!
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Hey hun... i am off to bed but wanted to say hello.. I wish I could do something to help.. You are almost there... hang on tight...Big hugs for you tonight...
Helpful - 0
you said it " just a little longer ",,,take longer walks,,back and forth,,kinda like mowin a lawn ( lol,,get it ? ) your gonna make it lady
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.