Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I'm off to bed...I cheated

I was freaking out so I took a bar. I know this is NOT a good idea but I hardly ever do it. As I stated in a previous post, I learned from a reliable source that for every month of benzo use, you'll spend a week withdrawing safely. For me that means 30 weeks or 7-8 months. I think I'll take a year or more. Nite all.  Steve
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Good night Steve.
Helpful - 0
9 days into my sleepless painful de-tox i made a call to get ANYTHING to MAKE me sleep, i was unable to aquire anything, 15 nights later i got a couple hours, then 3 then 5 then 6 then 8, now i sleep soundly for 8 every night, zero symptoms.

i made the call to get a sleeping pill and i definately would have taken it.

dont take em unless you really need em i i think youll be ok.

mess with em and pills win.
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
That's not completely accurate. Can you imagine how long I would have been in w/d after 13 years?? If you took a bar that's 2mg. I think you're going through the part we all go through. You're afraid and trying to decide how to taper off the benzos. We'll get you through it. There is usually someone here day and night..........Take Care....LS
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
Steve L

Hear you! I am on a taper w/ Valium use for 7 years, and I don't think I would ever want to cold turkey and benzo...

Hope you get a good night sleep!

Love,
Todd
Helpful - 0
As long as you look at the year or years it will take to withdraw.....you may feel overwhelmed.

I loved feeling (and still love feelin') high sooo much that to think of living the rest of my life without it will take me right back to the drug.

Take it one day at a time.  Focus only on the 24 hours in front of you  and nothing else.  Trust me, it'll be so much easier that way.

I am glad you are here and please don't give up the fight.

tzt
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.