Aa
A
A
Close

Holistic Care For Pets Community

This community is for questions and support regarding holistic care for your pets.

1 - 20 (of 147) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My dog is a flea magnet! Only 1 of my dogs gets fleas I have 2 cats and 2 dogs. The one who gets fleas is infested and they all sleep near each other but the fleas don't bother any of the other ones. Any ideas why and how to get rid of...
Missa5 | Posted
16245546_tn?1446420952
What can I give a Puppy with the runs?
Cantara | Posted
Hello all, I'm looking for a holistic/integrative approach for my 5wk old husky/german shepherd puppy. His mother basically abandoned the litter and wouldn't nurse, finally getting rather aggressive with the pups; so he joined us a bi...
doSARA | Posted
15262552_tn?1439469690
My 11-year-old Siberian Husky, Blue, is in end stage kidney failure. Her allopathic vet has given up on her, but I have not. We do not have access to a Holistic Vet, or we would have one. I took Blue in July 01st, because I knew some...
bluesmomma | Last answer
A friend of mine is fostering a young male dog that has malignant melanoma on his snout. His vital organs show no signs of cancer,but does have some infected lymph nodes. Can anyone give me any advice on diet and homeopathic remedies tha...
Oginow | Last answer
My cat Jimi has severe allergies. We think the dust is causing it as we live on the desert side of Maui, Hawaii. The vet doesn't know actually what is causing it either . The redness got so bad in his right eye he caused an ulcer which i...
Amie_and_jimi | Last answer
We have two rescues - one is a five year old female, Bichon/Poodle mix and the other is a year old Maltese female. Both have major allergy issues, i.e. constant biting, licking, chewing, etc. I have tried nearly all of the limited ingre...
sgtanthony | Last answer
This is for Dr. Cheng. I am currently treating my 15 yr old male cockapoo with Si Miao San for Cushing's Disease. My vet is not familiar with alternative meds and I researched the disease on the internet and had her order this herb for m...
liligirl | Last answer
My 12 yr old chihuahua went into the ER with a bad gastrointestinal infection. Left her at the hospital For 3 days. Came back home with no appetite so her vet recommended home made baby food which she starting throwing up. I knew the sy...
I have two 10 month old sibling GS. They were on salmon/sweet potato kibble when I got them. They did great until they were 4 months old when they started scratching and loosing hair. They were flea free. Had high count of yeast and poll...
3shepblues | Posted
Hi. I have a question about the type of subcutaneous fluids to use in a cat with cancer. My 16 year old cat was recently diagnosed with Transitional Cell Carcinoma of the bladder. The tumor was successfully removed through surgery, and s...
Hofcat | Posted
Hi all, Does anyone know of any PREVENTATIVE holistic treatments for cats who do not have fleas to help them continue to not have fleas? I've found a lot on the internet about holistic treatments to get rid of fleas, but thankfully w...
Meeko325 | Posted
Our Pug keeps getting infections despite Vet prescribed medication (antibiotics). She feels that surgery removing skin would solve this problem. Is t here other option other than surgery and what does this type of surgery entail.? T...
4NikkiByrd | Posted
12 year old labrador has been choking for about a year, vet didn't know why. Now she cant seem to get her breath and is wheezing badly on any exertion.
mfpceo | Posted
Our (almost) 3 year old Westie has become incredibly itchy the last 6 months. He scratches uncontrollably and has almost no hair left on his left shoulder. The vet said he's allergic to grass, grains, and dairy and to remove the latter t...
HeidiJo36 | Posted
8469365_tn?1398391653
My chihuahua was recently placed on Phenobarbitol. I am a Registered Nurse and have seen the S/E in human patients, however, seeing these in a larger scale in my dog was very scary. I have done many searches online and approached my Vet ...
Flarnurse | Last answer
My chihuahua mix little buddy has an autoimmune disorder (pemphagus foliaceous) and itches all the time. I'd like to use a blend on her with coconut oil as the carrier. Some places I read to apply to the affected area etc then other thin...
Harpfreak | Posted
I recently took my white Persian cat to the vet. Her normal skin color is pale pink. In the past year there have been black splothy areas that are some form of dander being produced from inside the hair shaft. The vet recommended medi...
Doodlenut | Posted
Our holistic vet has recommended Huey's formula for nasal congestion for Daisy, our 12 yr old 50# lab pitbull mix. We see no change in her condition. She was on it about a week, then I discontinued. Should I put her on it again ...
Jeandog | Last answer
Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has dealt with hepatitis with their dog, he's also has uveitis cronic. Hoping someone could help with some suggestions like change of diet or herbal supplements that could help.
Gth85 | Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Holistic Care For Pets Community Resources