Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Liver Transplant Forum

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

61 - 80 (of 1377) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi: I am 4 months post-transplant and things have been going good for the most part. Recently there was a slight elevation in my ggt ast alt. ultrasound came back fine and repeat blood work ast alt went back to normal after increasing i...
  Posted
Hi Doctor, I'm on CSA right now. Did the triple therapy for hcv so I went on CSA to better control the increased levels caused by teleprevir. It appears SVR was achieved (4 months post UND). I would like to get off CSA (too many pi...
  Posted
I have been infected with hepatitis b since my birth(inherited from my mother).Last year I carried out some tests,the results were Hbv-dna=1070 IU/ml,sgpt=37,sgot=33,wbc=5600,platelet=152000,HB=13.1...I didn't have any problems then and ...
  Posted
Just received a copy of CT with contrast. Hepatic morphology and masses: Status post liver transplant. There are several geographic, peripheral hypervascular foci, predominantly in the left hepatic lobe, which do not demonstrate washo...
  Posted
Hi I had RFA treatment of a single 2.2 CM tumor last week at mayo using RFA and alcohol. I also started Hep C treatment 3 weeks ago using Sovaldi and Riba. My 2 week results of the Hep C treatment showed a reduction from 8 millio...
  Posted
A close friend of mine, her mom just had a liver transplant. I was wondering if there was an app to hep organize all the meds and information that has to be tracked?
  Posted
Hello I recently got married in Cuba and received a manicure at the resort I was staying at. They had a booth setup for tourists in which they perform manicures. I told the lady that I only wanted my nails painted and as I was looking at...
  Posted
I was transplanted 3 years ago after fatty liver became NASH then turned into cirrhosis. .Now my GGT is 15 times higher than normal, and I am now told it is probable my new liver has now become a fatty liver. I am concerned that this cou...
  Posted
Dear Doctor, I've been suffering from liver failure disease for 15 years cause homeopathic med reaction. Now for 1year main symptoms unable eat much. before eating i think i can eat 1 plate but eating half i can't more. But, i can eat b...
  Posted
Hi, I had my liver transplant 5 years ago (02/09). Everything's great except for past few months I'm having a very unusual pain on the right side of the scar. The pain comes and goes and at times so sever that it literally buckle my ...
  Posted
Dear Friends, I need help regarding insurance. My brother is gravely ill and really needs a transplant right away. I finally navigated the whole insurance issue and discovered my brother, who needs transplant, will not qualify for ...
  Posted
Nov 11 Feb 14 Reference WBC 4.6 4.7 3.5-11 Haemoglogin 15.9 15.6 13-17 Platlets 171 220 150-400 RBC 5.1 5.01 4.5-5.5 haematocrit 0.462 0.447 0.4-0.5 MCV 91 89 80-100 MCH 31.2 31.1 27-32 RDW 12.8 12.9 11-15 neutrophils 3.10...
  Posted
Dear All My father had Hap C 6 years ago, he had the treatment and it went negative. Recently he has been diagnosed for liver cancer (HCC). It is a primary cancer (15cm), the doctor advised to do TACE and embolisation before doing the...
  Posted
I received a letter from Mayo today saying I have been activated on UNOS however i am inactive on the list. They say they are doing this so I will still accumulate waiting time. They say I was listed on Jan 8th. I am also listed in Tu...
  Posted
Hi Doctor. Does prograf have an effect/take a toll on the kidneys? Blood tests show that the BUN and creatinine levels are slightly elevated. If prograf does effect the kidneys, what measures can be taken to help minimize damage to the ...
  Posted
Sir can you help me my sgpt,sgot 120 ,230 and my Bp 90_ 160 how yo reduce the level I am no drunk and smoker
  Posted
Good Evening Dr. I just wanted to gauge your opinion on my current situation. I apologize if this is a little long and winded. It started 2 years on a routine lab test which I get every 6 months to monitor my Crohn's disease. Back...
  Posted
My hubby had a live liver transplant 3 months ago and the last week he has been experiencing a dull ache but now turned into pain over is liver area really worried, he keeps saying it will go, our nxt clinic appointment isnt until anoth...
  Posted
can u tell me what the protocol for hcc survalance post transplant is at ur hospital .
  Posted
Thank you very much for your prompt response to my question earlier about the Liver Transplant for Stage IV HER2 Breast Cancer with mets to liver. Further details: Dr.'s have added name to a waiting list for a transplant since the ...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now